Sunday, 2 June 2013

out on the town

Levi straight leg jeans, Equipment silk shirt, random flats from Accessorize, Skagen watch
Gosh, it's been a while. This is an outfit I threw on yesterday evening to go out for Turkish food (at Ottoman - highly reccommended!) and for a few pints. This is the sort of thing I always put on to go out: simple, clean and classic.

My boyfriend is my stylist - not so stylish himself but always ready with an honest opinion. I was deliberating over necklaces and lipstick and his reply to each was "It's still daylight . You don't need it." Thinking over it, I suppose he's right - I rely on big statement necklaces under my blouses to catch the light in a dimly-lit room, a black blazer to make an outfit a little more formal, red lips to make a statement. But do I need all this once the days are longer and the sun is still up? It's an interesting idea.

Do you dress more casually in summer? When you dress, do you think about the light you'll be in?

1 comment:

  1. No I don't think like that at all - I'm more about the weather and the company. I wore a very similar outfit this week when I was going out for a "posh curry" and wore a navy silk shirt with jeans. Something dark because it was raining. I added a necklace to dress up the shirt as I felt I needed to add something extra to make my look more interesting and also because my friend always makes some kind of an effort and I don't want her to think I didn't bother. But I do prefer an understated rather than an OTT look myself.

    Do you think that the fact that the shirt is silk makes it feel more like a "going out" shirt and would you feel as good if it had been a cotton one? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete