Thursday, 4 July 2013

new year, new bag

Tuesday was my 23rd birthday. I woke early and drank green tea while I opened presents in bed, then went to work, where I spent the day doing a drama project about aliens with groups of enthusiastic children. I left school with the children instead of my usual working evening and headed to a local pub for bacon cheeseburgers with a side of macaroni cheese with the boyfriend. A pretty perfect day.

Now, that's a pretty good birthday. But I can't leave without mentioning a present.

 

This is a Jas M B tote that was featured on Tomboy Style a while back and I've been daydreaming about it ever since. It's not soft leather - it's a stuff, almost plastic-y recycled leather that's reminiscent of Cambridge Satchel Company bags. It's a bit lethal at the moment because it's so unyielding, but in time I'm hoping it'll soften and wrinkle. I'm really enjoying carrying it and it has plenty of room for my rubbish! I love bags that take a bit of time and love to become something really great.
 
P.S. Speaking of which, how amazing are these bags? Maybe next year...

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday!
    I'm not familiar with the brand but your bag looks like a classic that won't get outdated by the end of the summer.

    ReplyDelete