Wednesday, 31 July 2013

York

Well, it's been quiet around here lately. Usually the school holidays bring a return to blogging, but this time I'm being rather lazy. Last week we spent a few days in York at a beautiful cottage a few miles outside the city - it was lovely.


We visited the city and York Museum...

We posed for cheesy tourist photos...


We ate ridiculous burgers...


We drank smoothies in an attempt to counteract all the beer and burgers...


We relaxed at the cottage in our hot tub...


We ate some cake...


And sat outside lots of pubs in the sunshine!

Do you have any holiday plans this summer? Do you like adventures, or are you a bit more into rest and relaxation like me?

9 comments:

  1. This all sounds so lovely! Can you let me know where you book this pretty cottage please? I still have one exam but will jet-set to Hong Kong and Vietnam in 10 days, simply cannot wait (to be in the sun and eat pho)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that sounds amazing! I've never had pho - what am I missing?

      The cottage is here: http://www.yorklakesidecottage.co.uk/ - it's absolutely beautiful, pretty reasonably priced and it's easy to walk to nearby villages or get the bus to York. We didn't want to leave.

      Delete
  2. Oh you were 15 mins on the train away from me! York is pretty isn't it but very busy especially in the summer. It becomes tourist central. And is that the GBK you were sitting in noshing burgers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you were more in Leeds, Sue! That's so cool. York was packed, but I always love visiting. Then again, I'm one of the tourists! It was GBK - my first visit, and I loved it!

      Delete
    2. I'm in the middle but I prefer to shop in Leeds - that's my shopping patch :o)

      Delete
  3. aww sounds like a lovely day out! I love your outfits too :)

    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kate, you look just great in blue dress. Its always interesting to visit some new places. Your photos good. Keep travelling.
    Migraine Home Remedies

    ReplyDelete